Here are some successful tips to successfully funding your indie film project from producer Jim Jermanok ("Passionada", "EM"):
1. State Film Commissioners. Sometimes city film commissioners are aware of the equity investors in their region, particularly in those areas where there are tax incentives or rebates.
2. Entertainment Lawyers. Entertainment lawyers who specialize in independent film are aware of dozens upon dozens of executive producers, investors or angels.
3. Startup Investors. Tech and entrepreneurial meet-ups and conferences gather in every major city treat your film project like the next big start-up.
4. Restaurant/Bar/Nightclub Investors. These peeps are used to risky and collaborative investments. They also like fun or glamorous investments. Also it can be promotional for their spot.
5. Philanthropists. Every community has them, Philanthropists, who have a history of contributing to the arts.
6. IMDB. Target "Executive Producer” or “Co-Executive Producer” titles as these are usually the investors.
and I will add:
7. Kickstarter. It's the world's largest platform for creative projects funding.
8. Indie Go-Go. A global funding platform to get your project funded.